About Rise and Shine
We provide good quality childcare for the children of Radipole Primary School from Reception to Year 6 and we have an experienced and enthusiastic staff.
We aim to provide a nutritious and filling breakfast which will prepare your child for the school day.
We are committed to providing equal opportunities for play and participation and will ensure that your child will have a safe and happy time at Rise and Shine Breakfast Club.
We listen to the needs and preferences of the children and their parents/carers and try where possible to meet those needs eg particular foods.
We encourage children to use Rise and Shine as a social opportunity, chat, learn to share, co-operation, and at the same time to learn about the benefits of healthy eating.
We all sit around the breakfast table until we have finished eating, then quiet play or activities are chosen. We may do a group activity outside, if the weather permits.
We welcome feedback from children and parents/carers in regards to the service we provide.
Children will be expected to take an active part in the club, for example, helping to clear away.
The success of the club depends on the co-operation and sharing between all those involved. Parents should address any comments they wish to make to the School Business Manager or the Headteacher at the school.
Aims of Rise and Shine
- To support working parents by providing a high quality service which meets the needs of both parents/carers and children;
- To provide a reliable, safe supportive and welcoming environment where children can play, have fun, relax and be with friends;
- To offer the children an opportunity of having a healthy breakfast at the start of the school day. We provide unlimited food.
We are open every week day during term time excluding Inset Days, from 7.30am – 8.40am (breakfast will be served until 8.15am).
Your child can be dropped off at any time between these times. Children can enter ‘Rise and Shine’ via the rear Hall door into the Hall where the club will be held. Please could all parents/carers ensure that they sign the register for their child.
Costs for Registered Pupil Premium children.
If you are entitled to be registered at the school for Pupil Premium there will be no cost for Rise and Shine Breakfast Club. You will however still need to complete a booking form which will need to be returned to school via ParentMail PMX. Please ask at the school office for one to be emailed.
If you want to find out if you are eligible for Pupil Premium, please ask at the school office for a Pupil Premium explanation letter which gives further details. The letter is also available via ‘Pupil Premium Statement’ or please contact: Julie Rook in the School Office on 01305 783353.
When payment has been received on ParentMail then we will email via ParentMail PMX a booking form to all successful applicants.
Child Information Sheets
The first time that you book, Child Information Sheets will be emailed to you for completion and return via ParentMail PMX system.
Terms & Conditions
- Places: Book online using ParentMail. You can book a regular place e.g every Monday, or a one-off date. Select the dates that you want from the ParentMail ‘School Shop’ menu, then make sure you make the payment and this will secure the place. Places must be booked at least 7 days in advance.
- You will know that your child’s place is confirmed when you receive an email with attached Booking Form, Agreement Form and Child’s Details Form via the ParentMail PMX system. You can then complete these forms and submit so they are returned to us automatically.
- Charges: The cost of a place is £4.00 per session which is £20.00 per week and includes breakfast and activities. There is no reduction for late arrivals/part sessions or discounts for siblings. Payment is required at the time of booking via ParentMail.
- Credit: We do not offer credit. If you have payment issues, please speak to Diane Wood, School Business Manager or Veronique Singer, Headteacher.
- Should you no longer require a place you have booked and paid for, you will eligible for a credit if you give 7 days’ notice to the school.
- Signing in: Children must be signed in by their parent/carer each morning on arrival. At the end of the session children will be taken and placed under the supervision of a teacher until the start of the school day.
- Confidentiality: All information exchanged by any person involved with the club must be kept confidential.
- Withdrawing a place: We reserve the right to withdraw the offer of a place in the following circumstances:
- Unacceptable behaviour resulting in distress or disruption to adults or children at the club.
- Where payments are not made in advance and arrears are accumulating
- It would be really useful if you could provide us with some extra details such as behaviour issues, interests, food preferences, on the form provided. This will help us to accommodate their needs where possible.
- We welcome any new ideas and suggestions to enhance the Breakfast Club as we do appreciate your feedback.
- If you have any problems or questions to do with the club, please do come and speak to us.
- We offer a range of activities, mainly quiet ones, because our aim is to let the children start the day calmly.
- We offer breakfast items such as toast, crumpets, cereal, cereal bars, various spreads and drinks. This will change and is flexible as the needs and preferences of our children change too!
Rise and Shine Breakfast Club is part of Radipole Primary School and as such will be subject to all the same policies and procedures. You are welcome to ask at the school office if you wish to come and have a look at our policies. All policies can be accessed below.
If you would like a paper copy of any information from this website, please contact Mrs Lindsay Wade in our main office where all information will be given free of charge.